Sadhu Kochukunju Upadesi

Kochukunju was born in Edayaranmula. His parents were very poor. He had six sisters and a brother who passed away very young. He married at the age of 12 and his wife was only 9 years old. His mother died when he was 15 and father died five years later.

image01

Laka St. Thom Marthoma Church

Laka St. Thom Marthoma Church, Edayaranmula is one of the oldest historical and prominent parishes of Malankara Marthoma Syrian Church, which is believed to be established by St. Thomas, the Apostle of Jesus Christ in 52 C.E. St. Thom Church is presently part of Chengannur-Mavelikkara Diocese. It is the largest parish in the diocese. The Church stands as a living monument of effective Christian witness and commitment. It carries the legacy of 125 years. Laka St. Thom Marthoma Church had its humble beginning in the year 1888 C.E.

image01

Literary Works

Parama Christanithwm, Paramanentha Kristya Jeevitham. (Joyful Christian life), etc. are some of his many books published. But the most appreciated work was his many Christian devotional songs that are enjoyed by Christians of Kerala even today. His songs written in Malayalam, brought hope and happiness to many lives. He wrote a book named Aasawaasa Geethangal (Songs of Consolation) in which 210 of his songs were included.

image01

സാധു കൊച്ചുകുഞ്ഞു
ഉപദേശിയുടെ മണ്‍കൂടാരം

"ആത്മാവു നക്ഷത്രഗോളങ്ങള്‍ക്കപ്പുറം കര്‍ത്താവിനെ എതിരേല്പാന്‍ പോയിരിക്കുന്നു. എന്‍റെ കര്‍ത്താവിന്‍റെ വരവില്‍ ദിവ്യ കൂടിക്കാഴ്ചയില്‍ എല്ലാവരുമായി കണ്ടുകൊള്ളാം......."

image01

Submit Comments - View Comments

Sujith
London, United Kingdom

03:33:41 PM; 31 May 2015

Thanks for this website and sharing the lifestory of this great prophet. His songs especially Dhukathinte paana paathram has been consoling me for the past few years during my difficult times...

Sujith
London, United Kingdom

03:33:25 PM; 31 May 2015

Stephen
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India

08:43:43 PM; 14 May 2015

His Life is Testimony to All Humans. His Songs Are Touch the Heart. Thanks

Cijin Johnson
Ernakulam, Kerala, India

10:53:11 AM; 21 April 2015

Many thanks for this Living life story. have one doubt- that song Dukathinta Panapathram he wrote at the time of his shamual kuttys death right? could you send the song history plz..

JOSE THALIKALLUMKAL
Mumbai, India

09:48:14 AM; 7 April 2015

The name of Sadhu is so relevent that nobody believe that he was dead 65 years before. Lived as shadow of Jesus Christ in and accept the decisions from God without any questioning. It is so joyful that I can see him at the days Jesus Christ.

Swapna
Chennai, India

11:40:29 PM; 7 April 2015

Thank you so much for this site. Only, thro my pastor I knew Sadhu. He use to tell some of his life experience. My mother tongue is telugu, wen I hear sadhu songs, Im inspired, I love to hear his songs. I dont have words, but I thank Jesus for such a great and humble person. Thank you Mr Roshan. God Bless U.

ROY MANAPPALLIL
kerala, Iceland

05:46:08 PM; 2 April 2015

സാധു കൊച്ചു കുഞ്ഞു ഉപദേശിയുടെ ഗാനങ്ങൾ ഉള്പ്പെടുത്തിയ സംഗീത പരിപാടി - MUSIC WAVES ഏപ്രിൽ 5 നു ഞായറാഴ്ച വൈകിട്ട് 5 മണിക്ക് ഗുഡ്നെസ് ടി വി ചാനലിൽ മറക്കാതെ കാണുക

Ranjit
Ernakulam / Kerala, India

10:30:56 PM; 22 November 2014

A great saint who did the service to God not only during his generation but even after his death through the mesmeric, melodious and lively songs that plunges into the heart of any person who have a little flame of hope in Jesus. I am sure that he will be rewarded by heaven above for his contribution to the humanity.

-- Page 2 of 16 --